Our scholarship program was created to help promote continued education for teen girls who have experienced childhood traumas.
To qualify for the scholarship, the recipient needs to meet the following criteria:
• Female between the ages of 17 – 20.
• Be a resident of Wake or Durham County, NC.
• Have been accepted to an accredited college, university, community, or technical college.
• Graduated in 2023 from high school or obtained G.E.D. in Wake or Durham County, NC (Public, Private, charter, virtual, homeschool.)
• Has to be enrolled in a full time college (12+ credit hours).
• Has experienced trauma in their past. Such things include, but are not limited to, depression, anxiety, abuse, loss of parent, anger, self-injury, divorce, low self esteem.
To apply, applicants will need:
• To complete the online application in full.
• To enter or upload within the application an original answer to the following: “tell us about your past experiences, how attending college would help you overcome some of the setbacks you have experienced, and what you want for your life moving forward.” Please be sure to help us get to know you by highlighting who you are. Some suggestions might include, but are not limited to, your passions, hobbies, accomplishments, what drives you, your goals, how you want to reach your goals, impacts you have made within your community, what keeps you on track, routines, or anything else you feel would be relevant to help us learn more about you.
• Upload an unofficial copy of the current high school transcript.
• Upload a copy of an acceptance letter or college enrollment verification.
For Spring of 2024, we are excited to award TWO scholarships. This will be a onetime scholarship which may be applied to expenses for tuition, fees, and required books. Scholarships will be awarded directly to the educational institution prior to the beginning of spring semester.
Our scholarships are as follows:
• Four year College/University - $3,500.00
• Two year College/Technical/Community College Scholarship - $1,800.00 to school and a school starter kit which includes laptop, Microsoft package, backpack, and school supplies.
To be considered for the I am Worth it Scholarship fund, applicants must complete the online application in its entirety, including the uploaded submission of supporting materials. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2023 by 11:59PM
Award Notifications: December 17, 2023
Applicants are encouraged to download the I am Worth it Foundation Scholarship information page and refer to it to ensure a complete application. If you have questions, please email Jennifer@Iamworthitfoundation.org.